Creating your own personal vision board is sort of magical.
Over the years I have created many vision boards. The more I do them, the more I believe in them.
At their core, vision boards are a collage of images, words, and phrases that capture your vision of the future. The future that you desire. The intent of this dream board is to make you feel truly excited and inspired and help you to stay focused and take action.
Vision boards work on many levels
- Vision boards are an important part of an annual goal-setting process. They help set and prioritize your goals, values, and intentions.
- Vision boards are fun to make and can be quite artistic and creative.
- The process of making a vision board helps plant your goals and intentions in your head and sends them out to the universe.
- Having your vision board front and center to your viewing is key — the images and words that represent your goals, wishes, and values will help remind you of what you want to do, be, and have. It helps to ensure that you continue to move towards those things, both consciously and unconsciously.
Vision Boards Actually Work!
Individuals from all walks of life have shared stories of how their vision boards worked for them.
But they work on other levels as well. Besides just the fact that what I put on them becomes reality.
As mentioned before, the act of making them helps me with my goal setting. I also add values—things that are important to me that I want to focus on more.
With all that in mind, I thought I’d share my simplified board process on how to make a vision board that works for you.
- Write your dreams and desires down.
- Select images, words, phrases that best represent your goals and dreams.
- Select the base that you want for your board (poster board, frames, etc).
- Find images and words for your vision board. Use a variety of sources like magazines and books. Create your own, by using online resources.
- Sort and arrange the images and words onto your board.
- Glue down your images.
- Hang in a prominent place in your home.
UPDATE! I am collaborating with Pam Hamilton of Building Visibility to offer a vision board workshop! In this online workshop, we will walk you through the process of creating a vision board that works. Pam will walk you through the entire process of clarifying your dreams and goals and I will share all the tips and tricks I’ve learned along the way for creating a vision board you will be proud of and inspired by. Together we will cover the importance of taking action and making your dreams come true. I hope you will join us for our workshop!
Imagine living your ideal and balanced life. Dare to dream the details of your job, your relationships, and the hobbies you pursue. These will form the basis of your vision board ideas.